After the success of last year’s spectacular series of Open Days, where over 3,000 people enjoyed a tour of Southwell Minster and The Archbishop’s Palace, we’re delighted to announce that these will be returning in 2019.
Tours start from 10am on all days. Please note last tour times vary, see below.
- Easter Monday, 22 April, last tour starts 2pm
- Bank Holiday Monday, 6 May, last tour starts 2pm
- Bank Holiday Monday, 27 May, last tour starts 2pm
- Saturday 27 July, last tour starts at 12pm
- Saturday 17 August, last tour starts at 3pm
- Thursday 19 September, last tour starts at 4pm
- Saturday 21 September, last tour starts at 4pm
- Saturday 28 September, last tour starts at 4pm
Please note, there are three steps down to the Chapter House.
Did you know, it costs over £3,000 per day to keep the Minster open? A £3 donation per tour would therefore be most welcome to help with the running costs of the Minster to help keep it open for future generations, although there is no obligation.
As an added treat, The Historic Library will also be open on the three Bank Holiday Mondays between 10.30am – 3pm. Please note that The Historic Library is only accessible via a flight of stairs.
AND back by popular demand, we’ll be running special tours of the Minster Tower where after climbing almost 200 steps, you’ll be treated to a bird’s eye view of Southwell and the surrounding countryside that you’ll not find anywhere else! Please note booking is advised for tower tours and costs £6 adult / £3 child (must be aged 7+). Bookings should be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date, time and party size.
For more information on general tours and tower tours, please download our Open Day flyer.Southwell Minster Open Days 2019