Historic Chapter Library
The historic Chapter Library holds books and manuscripts of major importance to the history of the Minster. The original library was destroyed in 1645 during the Civil War and was rebuilt through the generosity of Edward Lee of Norwell, and many other benefactors in 1690.
The Library is open to visitors by appointment, and is usually open on Bank Holiday Mondays to view a small exhibition.
- Saturday 24 August 2019, between 10.30am-12.30pm and 2.30-4pm, where visitors will be able to view a small display including music themed books.
Please be aware that access to the library is up a steep stairway. We can accommodate a maximum of eight visitors at a time. Children over seven are welcome, accompanied by an adult.